TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Access to this site and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below.
These terms and conditions are important and are for the protection of both you and us. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions carefully. Users of our site will be deemed to have accepted them. Please note that references to ‘we‘ means the credit union and our subsidiaries and associates.
- This site is established in the United Kingdom (UK) in accordance with the laws of the UK and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the site, you accept that your use of the site and any information on the site, will also be governed by the laws of the UK and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the site or any of the information on it, you agree that the UK courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
- We have provided the contents of this site for your information only. The distribution of information on the site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions. This information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any such jurisdiction and persons accessing these pages should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions. If you are in any doubt as to whether this site can be lawfully used by you please do not proceed further.
- Information about some of the products and services on this site is subject to specific restrictions concerning the persons to whom such information may be made available. Details of such restrictions are set out on the pages to which they relate and you should read those details carefully before proceeding to the rest of the relevant page.
- Information about some of the products and services on this site are subject to additional legal notices and warnings. These notices and warnings are important and are for the protection of both you and us. Please take the time to carefully read all legal notices and warnings on the pages of this site that you visit.
- We have given the information on the site in good faith. We have taken the information from trade and other sources believed to be reliable. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on the site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such. Please note that we may update or alter the information on this Site at any time without giving notice of the alterations. Any opinions and estimates expressed reflect our judgement at the date given and are also subject to change without notice. Accordingly you agree not to hold us responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions. If you do not understand or if you have any queries on any of the information on the site, we recommend that you consult a professional financial adviser.
- Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge personal information over the internet unless you are using a secure or encrypted communications technology.
- Some pages on this site contain hypertext links to web sites not maintained by us. You are reminded that when you enter other web sites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such linked web sites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
- Some of the pages on this site contain hypertext links to web sites of business units, subsidiaries and associates of the credit union. You are reminded that when you enter such sites, you will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites.
- Access to and use of this site is at the userâs own risk and we do not represent or warrant that the use of this site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this site or any its contents.
- The information contained in this site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to their completeness, accuracy or reliability of the contents of this site. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this site.
- The contents of this site, including these terms and conditions, are subject to change by us without notification. The information in this site may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in this site up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
- Copyright in the site and the information set out on it belongs to us and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent.
While all reasonable security precautions have been taken by the credit union, the nature of communication by the internet is such that the credit union cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information relating to the member passing over the internet. In accessing the credit union website and in availing of our services, the member accepts that electronic mail messaging may not be free from interference by third parties and may not remain confidential. The use of the credit unionâs website is at the memberâs sole risk.
Collection and use of personal information
Rainbow Saver Anglia Credit Union will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your consent. We will let you know what we intend doing with your information before collecting it, so that you can decide whether or not to furnish that information to us.
Any information which is provided by you will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality and in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of Such Data, and any implementing and/or amending legislation as may be adopted in the United Kingdom from time to time.
If at any time after giving us personal information you decide that you no longer wish us to hold or use this information, or in the case that the information becomes out of date, you are free to notify us, and we will remove or rectify the information within a reasonable time and in accordance with legislative requirements.
You acknowledge and agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to conform to any requirements of law or to comply with any legal process, as well as to protect and defend the rights of property of the credit union, our licensors and/or our other customers.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded to ensure that we carry out your instructions correctly and to help improve the quality of our service and in the interests of security.
You should be aware that where you link to another website from the Rainbow Saver Anglia Credit Union website, Rainbow Saver Anglia Credit Union has no control over that other website. The Credit Union has no responsibility for the privacy practices of other websites.
The credit union reserves the right at its sole discretion to amend this privacy statement at any time, and you should regularly check this privacy statement for any amendments.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a small text file which is placed on your computer by websites which you visit.
They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently as well as to provide information to the users of the site.Â Think of it like a web userâs ID card which tells a website when a user has returned to the site.
Cookies give web visitors a better site visit â making the interaction between the user and the site faster and easier.Â They save time and make the overall browsing experience more efficient and enjoyable.Â Without cookies for example, it would be difficult for online shopping sites to allow visitors to add items to their shopping cart or to remember user preferences or registration details.
Cookies are often used by sites to collect demographic information about the visitors to the site.Â They allow sites to monitor web surfing habits allowing them to use this information for marketing purposes.
Are cookies dangerous?
Cookies are merely small pieces of text.Â They are not computer programs and cannot be used to disseminate viruses.
While cookies are stored on the hard drive of your computer, they cannot access the hard drive.Â A cookie cannot read other information saved on the hard drive or find/use your email address for example.Â They only contain and transfer to a site as much information as the user has disclosed to that site.
Changing your cookie settings
You do not have to accept cookies.Â Most web browsers allow users to modify browser settings so that it will not accept cookies.Â To enable or disable cookies, please follow the instructions provided by your browser â these will usually be found within the Help, Tools or Edit function.
For further information on cookies can be found online at:
Rainbow Saver Anglia Credit Union is a data controller of the information provided on application and other forms in terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended(Registration number Z 9306410) This information will be used internally by the credit union in order to process your membership and other entitlements.
In order to comply with money laundering regulations, before we provide any service, we may search the records of one or more registered credit reference agencies who will provide us with information from the Electoral Register and any other data appropriate to the search.Â The agency will keep a record of that search.Â This may be used by other lenders when processing future applications for credit you may make.
Information held about you by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to records relating to one or more of your partners.Â Where appropriate, any loan applications submitted may be treated as financially linked and your application may be assessed with reference to any âassociatedâ records.
In addition, if the application is successful, details of how you repay the agreement may be provided to the credit reference agency who will make this available to other lenders who may use the information for credit assessment, tracing of absconders and fraud prevention.
We may also consult other credit unions and will also take into account, information concerning your employment prospects of which we have become aware.
If your loan application is successful, your details will be held by Rainbow Saver Anglia Credit Union to enable your loan to be managed.Â This information may be shared with other credit unions to protect the credit unionâs assets and to help prevent fraud.Â Details of any financial transactions involved (such as payroll deduction) will be made to the company/organisation concerned.
In the event that you default on your loan or any terms and conditions in relation thereto, details of such default or defaults will be passed to other credit unions, debt recovery agencies and courts.Â In such circumstances, it is understood that the lender may disclose details of the borrowerâs account and any matters relating to the account to any credit reference agency and to any individual, individuals or organisations for this purpose registered by the lender with the Data Protection Registrar.
Members of Rainbow Saver Anglia Credit Union agree to be sent information about the credit union, its products, services, promotions and developments as well as account statements.
If you have any questions about our practices or these policies please get in touch with our Head Office at 229 London Road South, Lowestoft, NR33 0DS.