As a member-based organisation, we have the right to contact you about your membership. We process your data under “Legitimate Interests”, specifically to:
Maintain our existing relationship with you
To stop contact with you if you inform us that you no longer wish to hear from us
We do not sell your data to any other organisation.
How your data is used
We will collect information from members to ensure that we provide you with high standards of service, and to protect your privacy. Where your information is used we will endeavour to communicate how and where we may use your data.
We may use your data in the following ways:
- Processing any applications you make for financial services we offer.
- Assisting you with any enquiries or complaints you may have.
- Passing to approved external business partners in order to process services you apply for (such as our Pre-paid Debit Card or a Loan). Each time you apply for a service, details will be available about the policy on sharing information with that particular partner.
- For internal and external auditing purposes.
- To other external parties where it is a legal requirement to do so, such as credit reference agencies or fraud prevention organisations.
- For analysis to develop and improve our services to you and other members.
- To generate industry statistics. However where we do so, it will not contain any information that identifies you personally.
- To send you Marketing material. However, you can opt out of this by contacting us.
We will not divulge your information to another third party that has not already been mentioned, except where you have provided consent to do so.
We will retain information we hold about you regarding the use of any of the services you are registered for, or if your account is deactivated or closed, or if your registration or activation request is declined or abandoned. This is exempt from the right to erasure because we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and we have statutory duties to retain some information for 6 years or longer.
This information will be held for so long as required, for legal, regulatory, fraud, crime prevention, and legitimate business purposes.
The data we collect
The personal data we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- IP Address (the unique address of your computer, tablet or mobile device)
- Employment information
- National Insurance number
- Date of birth
- Bank account details
- Address information
- Phone numbers
- Email address
We take the protection of your information very seriously and high security measures will be taken to ensure your data is protected. We encrypt all data held on our database.
We may store a number of cookies on your machine, to help us associate important information with you.
If you want more information on how we use and hold your data, or if you think we may be holding incorrect information, please get in touch as below and we will review the information we store. We will keep all the records we have about you unless you tell us otherwise.
If you would like to request a copy of all the personal details we are holding on you then please get in touch on the details below. Requests will be subject to a £10 administration fee.
If you no longer wish us to hold your personal data, please contact us on the details below. Please note that we may not be able to provide you with our services without access to your data. Please note that we have some statutory duties to retain some information for 6 years or longer due to FCA regulations.
You can ask to have information removed:
- In person at229 London Road South, Lowestoft NR33 ODS or 3 Cattlemarket Road, Peterborough, PE1 1TW
- By email to– email@example.com
- By telephone on– 01502 584854
- In writing to229 London Road South, Lowestoft NR33 ODS